A wonderful, simple and summery dessert. Perfect for any season since if it isn’t summer then it’s a good time to remind yourself of it.
Coconut & lime mousse (about 4 portions)
- 300 ml chilled coconut milk (use the white solid cream from the top of the can or package)
- 1-2 eggwhites (depending on how fluffy you want it)
- zest from 1 lime
- 2-3 tbsp coconut sugar or 1,5 tsp stevia powder
- 1 pinch of vanilla powder
- About 1 cup of frozen strawberries
- 2 tbsp agave syrup or 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- juice from 1 lime
- 1/2 cup of fresh strawberries for decoration
- Cook the frozen strawberries with lime juice and sweetening for about 5 minutes.
- Mix the strawberries with a hand mixer.
- Let the sauce cool completely.
- Whisk the cooled coconut cream with lemon zest, sweetening and vanilla powder.
- Beat the egg whites separately until they are completely firm.
- Gently fold in the firm egg whites into the coconut cream and blend carefully till smooth.
- Decorate the inside of servering glasses with strawberry slices.
- Pour 3-4 tablespoons of strawberry sauce in the bottom of each serving glass.
- Fill up the serving glasses with coconut mousse and leave a few millimeters up to the edge.
- Fill up to the edge with strawberry sauce.
- Let the them sit cold in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.