A wonderful egg-dish that you can vary the flavoring of however you want. They’re soufflé-like or something like fluffy omelette in texture and still really easy to make. Just whisk it all together and bake in the oven. If you haven’t got a muffin tray, you can make them in other ovenproof ramekins.
Lovely to serve for brunch!
All the ingredients in the recipe (except eggs and milk) can be replaced or varied in different combinations.
- 6 eggs
- 50 ml of any milk
- 3 tbsp chopped onion
- about 1/2 bell pepper, finely chopped
- about 4 tbsp diced zucchini
- half a handful of shredded fresh spinach
- one or a couple of tbsp of chopped fresh herbs (or frozen)
- salt and pepper
- any cheese, I personally use goat cheese or feta cheese.
- slices of ham, turkey or bacon (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 175 °C
- Whisk together eggs and milk.
- Chop the onion and vegetables and add all ingredients (except cheese and ham) to the egg mixture.
- Add salt and pepper and stir.
- Grease 7-8 muffin cups in a muffin pan with plenty of ghee or coconut oil.
- If you use ham or bacon, cover the insides of the muffin cups with the slices and up over the edge.
- Pour the batter into the cups at approximately 3-5 mm to the edge.
- Sprinkle crumbled or grated cheese into the cups if you wish.
- Bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes.