These almond biscuits will be a little chewier than the common biscotti. That’s because I use honey or agave instead of sugar and almost only almond flour (instead of a combination of almond meal and wheat flour). But that doesn’t make them any less delicious!
They go great with tea or coffee or as a snack. Replace saffron with an extra teaspoon of cardamom and combine with adding raisins to the mix for an Almond Raisin Biscuit.
- 275 g almond flour
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 g saffron
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1 cup honey or agave syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1,5 tsp baking powder
- Optional: 1/2 cup raisins, 1/2 cup coarsly chopped almonds or chocolate chips)
- Preheat the oven to 160 ° C.
- Mix all dry ingredients separately.
- Beat the egg and mix with honey or agave.
- Mix together all the ingredients into a dough.
- Make rolls of dough, about 5 cm thick and cut slices on the diagonal, about 1/2 cm thick.
- Place on a baking tray with baking paper and bake for about 35 minutes.
- Turn the biscuits halfway through.