Raw zucchini pasta, made from strips of uncooked zucchini is wonderful dish that can be varied in many ways. I made a quick pesto/puré-sauce with green peas, basil, garlic, olive oil and goat cheese of a cream cheese type. Serve with sun dried tomatoes, olives or chicken or fish.
Make it a pure raw food dish by excluding goat cheese and add roasted sunflower seeds or mix soaked almonds withe peas.
Recipe (about 2 port)
Pasta: Peal long strips from 2-3 zucchinis with a potato/vegetable peeler. Stop pealing towards the center and leaving the innermost of the vegetable to use for other dishes.
Recipe Green Pea Pesto (2 port)
- 1 1/2 cup frozen or fresh green peas
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 50-75 grams of goat cheese -cream cheese type
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- 1 handful of fresh herbs (basil or others) or about 3-4 tablespoons frozen
- freshly ground black pepper
- 8-10 sundried tomatoes
- Defrost the peas as directed on the package or.
- Mix all ingredients in a food processor or with a hand blender.
- Adjust the consistency with more olive oil or a little water if necessary.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover with thin slices of sun-dried tomatoes and serve as is or with grilled chicken or fish.