In this recipe I have chosen to make the batter a little less sweet so that the muffins more resemble scones in flavor and sweetness. Therefore, they are also suitable for breakfast or brunch, and are great spread with peanut butter or honey. If you want you can sweeten the mix slightly more by increasing the amount of honey or agave, or by adding raisins to the batter.
Recipe (makes about 8, it is possible to double the recipe)
- 2 eggs
- 50 ml (0,2 cups) canola oil or coconut oil
- 100 ml (0.4 cups) oat milk or soy milk
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 dash of salt
- 1.5 dl shorgum flour or gluten-free oat flour
- 1 cup corn flour
- 1,5 tsp of psyllium seed husk or xantham gum
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tsp cardamom
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C.
- Mix all the dry ingredients, and whisk all wet ingredients together separately.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry and combine well.
- Let the mix sit for about 5 minutes.
- Grease and flour a muffin tray and pour in the mix, 3/4 up to the edge.
- Bake for about 12 minutes.